K8B 8 inch industrial abrasive chop saw
K8B 8 inch industrial abrasive chop saw is designed to cut up to 1.5″ solid steel and up to 2″ pipe. This 8″ abrasive chop saw is capable for cutting bar stock, flat stock, reinforced rubber hose and pipe. This unit cuts general purpose steel quickly with the correct abrasive wheel.
This unit comes standard with a powerful 3HP 1PH (110V/220V) or 3PH (220V/440V), 1/2″ spindle arbor, adjustable work stop, screw vise, cast iron base and cast aluminum saw arm.
This Kalamazoo Industries K8B 8 inch chop saw that can fit in most shops. Everything from a home garage shop up large manufacturing facility. This powerful compact unit can cut most ferrous metals fast, with the correct abrasive cutoff wheel.
K8B 8 inch industrial abrasive chop saw specifications
- More capacity, cuts 1-1/2″ solid, 2″ pipe.
- 1/2″ spindle arbor.
- Accommodates an 8″ diameter cutoff wheels
- Spark deflectors, front and rear.
- Cast iron base
- Cast iron trunnion
- Cast aluminum saw arm
- Shipping dimensions – L 17″ x W 30″ x H 28″, 125 lbs., spindle RPM 4900
- Shipping weight: 115 lbs.
- Single phase amp draws: 115V 24 amps and 230V 12 amps.
- Three phase amp draws: 220V 8.4 amps and 440V 4.2 amps.
- 3 HP TEFC motor, 1 PH (110/220V) or 3 PH (220/440V)
- Please specify voltage. With switch; less abrasive wheel.
- Model: K8B-1 3 hp, 1 ph.
- Model: K8B-3 3 hp, 3 ph.
All parts that Kalamazoo Industries manufacture’s for the 8 inch heavy duty abrasive cutoff saw are replaceable no matter the age of this unit. All parts are kept in stock.
Where this equipment can be used
The K8B 8 inch heavy duty chop saw is used in the following industries: Energy, Oil/Natural Gas, Petro/Chemical, Knife Manufacturing, Automotive, Metal Foundries, as well as many other Manufacturing and Fabrication environments.
For more information on making the abrasive saw work for you check this article out from the fabricator: http://www.thefabricator.com/article/sawing/making-the-abrasive-cutoff-saw-work-for-you